Building on the agile manifesto, the Holistic Software Development manifesto is:
- Valuing individuals and interactions, encouraging collaboration, reducing layers of communication over processes, tools and hierarchy
- Valuing working software in the form of quality releases from short development cycles over comprehensive documentation, business analysis, enterprise architecture documentation
- Valuing customer, business, developer and operations collaboration over contract negotiation
- Valuing good governance, transparency and honesty in progress, plans, costs and impediments over regular reporting
- Valuing responding to change over following a plan at all levels of the business
HSD is focused on reducing unnecessary bureaucracy, reducing time to market and improving value.